Networking and Registration
8:30 am – 9:00 am
9:00 am – 9:15 am
David Carter, Executive Director, Innovation Factory
Raed Kardi, Head of Ontario’s Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN), Ontario Centres of Excellence
Keynote 1: Infrastructure and Smart Cities
9:15 am – 10:00 am
Bruce Peever, Partner, KPMG
Panel 1: We Can't Have CAVs Without Smart Infrastructure
10:00 am – 10:45 am
In a world with connected and autonomous vehicles, smart infrastructure will need to communicate with vehicles and other infrastructure. What are the most immediate needs to be addressed by municipalities, transportation companies and others?
The panel will discuss emerging trends driving smart city adoption such as 5G, automation, machine learning and the IoT.
- Bruce Peever, Partner, KPMG
- Cyrus Tehrani, Chief Digital Officer, City of Hamilton
- Jeff Cowan, Vice President & CTO, HCE Telecom
- Alex Chouinard, Director, Sales, (Ontario) Nokia
10:45 am – 11:15 am
Presentation: Data, Privacy and Security... Bursting the Bubble?
11:15 am – 12:00 pm
C/AVs and smart cities bring emerging challenges to security and privacy including a combination of physical and digital threats. How do we protect the data? How do entities maintain security while sharing necessary data throughout V2X transactions? Who owns the data?
Edona Vila, Senior Associate, Borden Ladner Gervais
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Keynote 2: The Power of Mobile Data
1:00 pm – 1:45 pm
Mobile data is changing more than just the transportation industry. Today, tracked delivery vehicles capture information about our cities live, every day, from weather, environment, street quality and traffic to a host of other things. Combine this data with the data at the municipal level and the uses are infinite.
Mike Branch, Vice President, Data & Analytics, GeoTab
Panel 2: Data, Like We Have Never Seen Before
1:45 pm – 2:30 pm
Data, from goods and people movement to roads and environment. The panel will explore and provide use-cases about the technologies that are collecting data, how it can be used and the stakeholders involved for practical deployment.
- Mike Branch, Vice President, Data & Analytics, GeoTab
- Steve McKeown, CEO & Founder, Team Eagle
- Nadim Jamal, Director, Telus Insights, Telus
- Ravi Puvan, Head of Product and Partnerships, Preteckt
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Fireside Chat: Rubber Meets the Road
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Hear from innovators as they discuss the barriers and opportunities ahead for the C/AV industry and technology’s role in smart transit, increasing deliveries, ride-sharing and more.
- Chris Gillis, Manager, Applied Research Business Development, Office of Research Services, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Durham College
- Bern Grush, Co-founder & Chief Innovation Officer, Harmonize Mobility
- Richard Steiner, Senior Manager for Policy and Programs, Gatik
- Hamish Campbell, Country Lead, Canada, Via On-Demand Transit
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Network, enjoy appetizers and take in all the exhibits and features the Canadian Warplane Museum has to offer.